Strategic Community Investment (SCI): A Good Practice Handbook for Companies Doing Business in Emerging Markets
The content of the Handbook is organized around seven key areas comprising a comprehensive strategic planning framework for community investment. To help users with practical application, the Handbook is also supplemented by additional tools and information which are included in the Tools section or listed under Useful References.
- Chapter 1: From Well-Meaning to Strategic
- Chapter 2: Assess the Business Context for CI
- Chapter 3: Assess the Local Context for CI
- Chapter 4: Engage Communities on CI
- Chapter 5: Invest in Capacity Building
- Chapter 6: Set the Parameters
- Chapter 7: Select the Right Implementation Model and Partners
- Chapter 8: Measure and Communicate for Strategic Advantage
- Tools and Useful References
The IFC's Strategic Community Investment (SCI) Handbook, quick guide and full publication in English and Spanish may be downloaded here. For guidance on developing a community investment strategy, see Strategic Community Investment Tools.