www.CommDev.org (the “Site“) is an offering of the International Finance Corporation (also referred to herein as “IFC“, “us” or “we“), a member organization of the World Bank Group (“WBG“). Information about IFC and our mission can be found at this link.
IFC is strongly committed to protecting privacy. Please review this Privacy Notice (this “Notice“) for an explanation of IFC’s privacy practices for the Site. This Notice describes the Personal Data that we collect from users (“user” or “you“) who access or use the Site and how we use, share and protect that Personal Data. “Personal Data” is information that identifies or may be used to identify you as an individual.
Note, this Notice applies exclusively to the Site and does not apply to other IFC websites, applications or practices.
Acceptance of These Privacy Terms
BY USING THE SITE, YOU ARE CONFIRMING THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS NOTICE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE NOTICE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SITE.
We may update this Notice at any time. Changes to this Notice will be dated and will be effective from the date specified forward so that users are always aware of what personal data we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it. You are advised to check our Privacy Notice regularly for updates. If you visit the Site following the effective date of the revised Notice, you will be deemed to have accepted the Notice’s updated terms.
I. What Personal Data Does IFC Collect?
When you access or otherwise use the Site, we may collect Personal Data about you and your interaction with the Site. We may collect Personal Data about you through: (A) information you provide; and (B) automatic tracking technologies.
Personal Data You Provide
When you access the Site, you may choose to provide Personal Data about yourself such as your: name, contact information, and other registration information. By way of example, you may choose to provide your information in the following circumstances:
- To request support;
- To subscribe to or order newsletters and/or publications;
- To participate in bulletin boards, discussion, or message forums;
- To enter or answer quick surveys, quizzes or benchmarking surveys;
- To register for events and conferences; and
- To contact us for further information.
Automatically Collected Personal Data
We may use online identification technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, or pixels on our Site (“Tracking Technologies”). We use these Tracking Technologies to understand how visitors navigate to our Site from others, compile aggregated statistics about visitors who interact with our content, and to provide more pertinent information to our visitors. The information we collect using these technologies can include: your IP address, browser type and language, access time, and referring website. We may also use Tracking Technologies from marketing partners, third party sites, and social media platforms.
Cookies are small text files placed on the hard drive of your device that assist us in providing a more customized website experience. For example, a cookie can be used to store registration information in a website area so that its user does not need to re-enter it on subsequent visits. You can set your browser to accept all cookies, to reject all cookies, or to notify you whenever a cookie is offered so that you can decide each time whether to accept it (for more information about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org)
II. How Does IFC Use the Personal Data it Collects?
We may use the Personal Data that we collect about you for any or all of the following purposes:
- To respond to your requests or inquiries, such as to answer your questions sent through the “Contact” form on the Site or to confirm your purchases and registrations on the Site;
- To communicate with you regarding IFC events, resources or services that may be available to you;
- For IFC’s business purposes, such as to help us explore ways to improve our products and services, to help us improve the Site, or to help us create Site content areas most relevant to you, including by requesting feedback, and for related internal purposes such as data analysis, legal analysis, audits, enhancing the Site, and identifying usage trends;
- To help us operate and improve the Site, such as by analyzing Site visitor trends, including usage of certain pages or functions on the Site;
- To protect against fraud, spam, harassment, intellectual property infringement, crime and security risks; and
- To maintain and improve the safety and security of the Site.
III. With Whom Does IFC Share the Personal Data It Collects?
We may share the Personal Data that we collect about you as follows:
- World Bank Group Entities. To fulfill IFC’s mission as stated in its Articles of Agreement, we share Personal Data with other affiliates of the World Bank Group.
- Service Providers. We share Personal Data with unaffiliated third parties who provide us with services, such as those entities that assist us with technology, data analysis, website hosting/administration or similar services. We do not share Personal Data with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes except with respect to events and publications as set forth below.
- Events and Publications. We may also share Personal Data with co-sponsors of IFC events and publications related to the Site.
- Remedies and Enforcement. We may use or disclose Personal Data as we believe to be appropriate in the following circumstances: (i) to enforce the terms and conditions for use of the Site, including this Notice; (ii) to protect and defend our rights and property; (iii) to protect the interests of IFC or others; and (iv) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
IV. How Can You Manage Personal Data We Maintain?
If you would like to review, correct, update or remove Personal Data about you that you previously provided to us through the Site, you may submit new information by contacting the IFC team at www.commdev.org. Please note that we are not responsible for correcting, updating or deleting any information in the databases of third parties.
Should you wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list or any registrations, we will provide instructions within the appropriate area of the Site or in communications to you; or you may contact us at: email@example.com
V. How Does IFC Protect and Maintain Personal Data Collected Through the Site?
- Security. We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the Personal Data collected through the Site and under our control. However, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be fully secure. Please do not send us Personal Data you consider sensitive through the Site. In addition, we limit access to your Personal Data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know and subject to appropriate contractual restrictions.
VI. Third Party Sites.
This site may link to other websites which do not operate under IFC’s privacy practices. When you link to other websites, IFC’s privacy practices no longer apply.
VII. Use of the Site by Children.
The Site is not directed to children. If you are a minor, please do not submit any Personal Data to us.
VIII. International Transfers of Information.
By using the Site, you are deemed to understand and consent to the collection and processing of your Personal Data in the United States or elsewhere.
If you have any questions or concerns related to this Privacy Notice or the information practices of the Site, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address below.
Sustainable Infrastructure Advisory
International Finance Corporation
2121 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20433
United States of America